To help support the safe and responsible use of e-vehicles (e-bikes, e-scooters and e-skateboards), Irvine Unified School District middle and high schools have partnered with the Irvine Police Department (IPD) and will host safety presentations as part of IUSD’s new mandatory e-vehicle registration program.
Middle and high school students who travel to and from school using an electric vehicle are required to attend one of the following e-Vehicle Safety Presentations by IPD.
Annual Survey Review & Notes:
- 86 responses received
- in many cases, families are not aware of what PTSA does or programs provided
- PTSA receives highest marks where we are most visible like kick-off registration, Spring/Fall conferences, and student store. Note these are at times when we have the most volunteers.
- the college and career newsletter is the most read among all communication channels surveyed followed closely by the NHS bulletin and the PTSA newsletter
- Instagram is a bit more popular than Facebook
- WeChat and KakaoTalk when used are used multiple times per week
- more college and career info and support
- club support
- community event and parent listening sessions for families
- help students socialize more
We thank all the families who have provided their feedback and can only do this volunteer work with your support. Remember, it takes a village and you can always reach out to NHS PTSA for any questions about best ways to engage with the school from a family perspective.