Know what's going on at school with Instagram Accounts:
Integral App provides:
Irvine Public Schools Foundation (IPSF)
NHS would like to thank IPSF! We have been able to keep class sizes for freshmen level courses such as English, History, Science and Math low through the support from IPSF. In addition, the Athletic Trainers that are funded by IPSF are vital! They not only are the first aid responders, they follow up with injured athletes and their parents. We also want to thank IPSF for the Innovative Grants they have provided over the years to support our Forensics Program, Art, and Mental Health Programs. Our students’ safety and wellness remain a priority thanks to this support!
City of Irvine
- Sign Up for Classes
- Tanya Ayalde, School Resource Officer (Police) - (949) 724-7181
- Speak Up We Care - Click to find additional resources
- Care Solace - Connects families to mental health resources
- Free & Reduced Lunch Program - It's more than just lunch! If you apply and qualify, you may also be considered for reduced pricing on school activities (like PTSA Grad Night), standardized tests, and college-related items.
- Help Setting Up Your Parent Portal - IUSD's Official Parent/Caregiver Dashboard for Managing Student Records & Viewing Grades
Irvine Parent Education Program (IPEP) Workshops help parents & caregivers understand various aspects of the IUSD experience and answer many questions you may have. Visit: www.iusd.org/ipep
IUSD'S PARENT CENTER IS NOW OPEN! Visit: 155 VISIONS, BUILDING 2, ROOM 201, IRVINE
The Special Education Community Advisory Committee (CAC)
The CAC is a collaborative partnership composed of parents of children with special needs, parents of general education students, educators, and community agencies working together to support activities on behalf of students with special needs. If you are new to the CAC, you'll find the CAC Parent Handbook helpful.
Are you interested in joining the CAC?
If you are interested in joining the IUSD CAC please complete the CAC Membership Application. A copy of the membership form will be emailed to you and to the CAC committee chair, vice chair and secretary.
Would you like to make more connections with other SpEd Parents?
One way to get involved is to consider participating in the “Irvine SPED Discuss list” forum. The group is available for families to share resources and experiences as well as ask questions and learn more about relevant events. This group is for parents and guardians of students with special needs, learning differences, disabilities, or students receiving accommodations. You must have a child with an IEP, 504plan or learning differences to join this list. This forum is moderated by IUSD Special Education parents so that parents can communicate with other parents in a comfortable environment. You do not need to be a member of the CAC to join this discuss list.
Irvine SpEd Parents Meet-Ups
4th Friday of the Month
from 9:00am to 11:00am
at Panera Bread, 3988 Barranca Pkwy
Are you interested in learning more about the role of a CAC SpEd Campus Rep (for NHS, this is who we call the Special Ed Liaison to PTSA)?
About 10% of district students receive special education services via an IEP (Individual Education Plan) or 504 Plan. The CAC is currently looking for interested parents to volunteer as a CAC Special Education Campus Representative at their school site. We hope you will join us to collaborate with school administration and the Special Education community. Join us to close the gap and build awareness! If you are interested and want to learn more, please email us at email@example.com.
Let’s work together to make 2022-2023 a great school year! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cerebral Palsy Guide - https://www.cerebralpalsyguide.com/
- Grief & Loss - Degriefing Therapist Virtual - https://degriefing.com/
- Mesothelioma Hope - https://www.mesotheliomahope.com/resources/children/
- Voices of Compassion Podcasts - https://podcasts.chconline.org/
- Safe Storage Gun Laws in CA - https://giffords.org/lawcenter/state-laws/child-access-prevention-and-safe-storage-in-california/
- OC Health Agency - https://www.ochealthinfo.com/about-hca/behavioral-health-services/alcohol-drug-education-prevention-team-adept
- Fentanyl Toolkit - https://www.naturalhigh.org/fentanyl/
- OC Health & Wellness Resources Navigator - https://ocnavigator.org/m/ocn
- NAMI Resources for Asian American Mental Health - https://www.nami.org/Your-Journey/Identity-and-Cultural-Dimensions/Asian-American-and-Pacific-Islander
- 911 or Irvine Police Department: (949) 724-7000 (non-emergency line)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Crisis Assessment Team (mobile county team): (866) 830-6011
- OC Links (855) 625-4657; available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
IUSD Say Something Anonymous Reporting System (Submit secure & anonymous safety concerns for harm to others or self): Call 1-844-5-SAYNOW; www.saysomething.net; Use the Say Something SHP App
***The following is shared list of external resources (NHS has its own awesome College & Career Center you should visit first!) and are not necessarily endorsed by NHS PTSA.***
College & Career Resources
- Tuesday, December 5
- Tuesday, January 9
- Tuesday, February 13
- Tuesday, March 12
- Tuesday, April 9
- Tuesday, May 14